Watching out for your interests like a hawk
Buying a new home? Purchasing an investment property? Buying a commercial property? The last thing you want is an asset that’s going to cost you money in the long run.
Don’t just leave your new home to chance. Our accredited building inspectors will let you know if you’re making a sound decision. It’s nothing personal, but we just look better than you.
We’re details people. Your comprehensive pre-purchase report covers the overall condition of the property, gives a clear summary of the main issues and contains relevant full-colour photos.
Let us discover any problems before you do. With over forty years in the building industry, Noel Watson is very picky, and he will give you expert advice on how to proceed, without glossing over the details. Reliable pre-purchase building reports require familiarity with construction, maintenance, council building codes and objectivity, and that’s what you’ll get.
When it comes to building, it’s the small details that are vital. And with shoddy building, it’s the little things that make the big, bad things happen.
What is a Pre-purchase Building Report?
You won’t be left wondering what you’ve paid for. Our pre-purchase reports are written to NZS 4306:2005 standards and are written in clear English, so they are extremely easy to follow. Peace of mind is a small price to pay.
- Site: driveway, fencing, drainage, retaining walls, decks, patios garages and carports
- Roofing: roof cladding, fascia, eaves, gables, flashings, chimneys
- Drainage: guttering, downpipes, gully traps
- Exterior: cladding, flashings, joinery
- Interior: walls, ceilings, joinery, floor coverings, electrical, dry rot and insulation
- Kitchen: joinery units, oven, plumbing, tapware
- Bathroom: showers, toilets, baths, plumbing and cabinetry
- Structure: overall condition, sub-floor, ceiling space, insulation
- Moisture: non-invasive moisture meter checks, both inside and out
Not included in the standard report but can be done at extra cost:
- Building Regulations: code of compliance checks, conformity with current building regulations